Finding Funding Opportunities
Our faculty, researchers and graduate students are driven to create knowledge, better understand our world, and take actions to improve society. Engaging in research, creative activities and interventions requires resources. The Research Enhancement Office seeks to help researchers identify potential funding sources for their creative activities.
INTERNAL FUNDING MECHANISMS:
Internal Funding Opportunity Database - Still under development but open for viewing. . A collection of funding opportunities managed by UCLA and other UCs open to members of the UCLA community. If you notice that we are missing an internal funding opportunity, please let us know by filling out this form.
RESOURCES TO IDENTIFY EXTERNAL FUNDING MECHANISMS:
Subscription-Based: SPIN Database
- As a resource for our community, the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research currently provides an institution-wide subscription to SPIN funding opportunity database. SPIN offers a wide-ranging funding opportunities database with over 40,000 programs from more than 10,000 unique sponsors. Visit SPIN from any UCLA IP address to start searching. Need help? Get acquainted with these Training Videos.
Open Access: Grants.gov
- All discretionary grants offered by the 26 federal grant-making agencies can be found on Grants.gov.
Campus Specific Resources to Identify Funding Opportunities:
- General Funding Opportunity Newsletter Service by REO: Asa service to the campus community, the Research Enhancement Office coordinates a series of subscription-based funding opportunity e-newsletters. If you are interested in subscribing, please follow this "SUBSCRIBE" link. You will be routed to a web form where you will have the option of subscribing to one or more newsletters by topic, including the limited submissions newsletter service.
- Limited Submission Opportunity Portal & Newsletter Service by REO: Certain funding agencies limit how many applicants may come from a campus or department. Learn more about the process and ubscribeto this service to be alerted about such funding opportunities which generally have fewer applicants given the restrictions on the limited submission page.
- Graduate & Postdoc Funding Search Engine: The Graduate Division has a search engine for internal and external funding opportunities for graduates and postdocs, which is located at: https://grad.ucla.edu/funding/. Individuals may subscribe for alerts.
- Corporate & Foundation Funding: The UCLA Office of Corporate, Foundation and Research Relations (CFRR) serves as a catalyst for promoting and strengthening relationships between corporations and foundations and the UCLA community. The office represents the broad priorities of the academic units and the overall campus to the corporate and foundation community, promoting opportunities for interaction to enhance research, philanthropy, recruiting, marketing, and other initiatives. Please note that some private funders have requested special coordination of applications with the University. Please refer to the UCLA Corporate, Foundation, and Research Relations website for an up-to-date list of these private funders. Please connect with the staff member assigned to your unit for additional assistance.
- UCLA BioFund Database: A database of 1000+ non-federal funding (non-NIH) opportunities - created and managed by UCLA Health/DGSOM for the campus community).